From simple edible garden design, to full permaculture designs in the Geelong area.
We can design to suit your budget and needs – it doesn’t have to be a complex or expensive process for the average suburban backyard, although larger blocks and rural properties do require a bit more time to get things right.
The permaculture design itself draws together a large amount of information about the site and the clients needs & wants. In particular, we maximize the number of connections and functions in the system, and of course include as many edible plants as possible.
OPTION 1: Concept Design – $225
This option is great for when you just don’t know where to get started or you want some flexibility to complete details of the design yourself. It includes a 3 hour consultation and allows for several hours to complete a concept design and related information.
A typical process involves:
- We come out and meet you, find out what your ideas and hopes are for the site, and what you want from your edible garden.
- Observation: We tour the site, and create a ‘concept design’ based on what we observe (energy flows, soils, sun, wind, water, etc), and ideas about the sites potential and limitations.
- We then draw up a more detailed ‘concept design’ and a simple report on the site. We can place some elements in the system, but doesn’t go into the detail of the full design.
OPTION 2: Detailed Permaculture Design – From $450
After completing the first consultation (as with option one) and creating the concept design, this option develops ideas into a comprehensive design and multi-page report.
Depending on your circumstances, the final report might include:
- Initial concept design (bubble diagram), with site / sector analysis.
- Detailed design with placement of all individual elements, trees and plants, including water management and infrastructure.
- Basic plant list, and detailed written report on individual permaculture elements.
- Time stepped guide (what to do first).
OPTION 3: The FULL Design (The Works) – From $750
All of the above, but extra time is allocated to creating more detail, which will aid you in implementing the design.
- Creating a detailed plant list for your site, with important information about each tree and plant in the system.
- Separate infrastructure & water detail design.
- Detailed ‘guild design’ for one patch in your system.
For all options, you will receive a colour, A3 design, and A4 printed report delivered in person, and via email.
Portfolio Design 1 – Sarah and Richard
One of our first designs (click the design image above for a closer look) was for a suburban block in Torquay. Sarah and Richard (and their young family) had just moved into their new house, and wanted to transform a blank / ornamental garden into a productive veggie garden and food-forest with plenty of edible plants and shade.
When they came to implement the design, they opted for some huge ‘wicking beds’ as their veggie garden – not cheap, but a great way to save heaps of water over the summer, and to stop nutrients from leaching away in the poor / sandy soil.
Testimonial from Sarah:
Thanks so much for sending through the final version, it looks amazing!! We’ve already been talking to a neighbor who thinks he’ll be able to get his bobcat in to scrape up the couch grass which will cut a lot of the initial work out, so hopefully that will be done in the next month or so and then we can start prepping the soil and putting the pathways in so we can begin planting- can’t wait! …anyhow, thanks so much again, you’ve done an incredible job, we love the plan you’ve designed for us and are really looking forward to getting started. We were also really impressed at how quickly you turned it around too.